PACK A SOCK
Yes, a sock. Why? For your sock bun curls, of course! If messy, beachy waves aren’t polished enough for you then this method will yield a more voluminous look when used overnight. Alternatively, rock your hair in the bun by day and let it down into the waves at night. (You can, obviously, buy a bun ring from Boots but I think that gives a bit too much of an air hostess look. It also creates a lot more static).
Method and instructions (if this confuses you, there’s a full video tutorial on YouTube)
What You Need
1 Hair Band
1 Pair of Scissor
(N.B. Works best on slightly damp hair)
1. Cut the toe off of the sock to create a tube.
2. Roll your tube into a ‘bagel’ shape.
3. Make a ponytail in your hair where you want the bun.
4. Pull your ponytail through the centre of the sock bagel and spread your hair around the sock.
5. Roll the sock down the length of your ponytail (towards your head) and wrap your hair around it as you go. Make sure you cover the sock, lest you come across as a crazy lady who puts socks in her hair.
6. When you’ve reached the base of your ponytail, tuck in any remaining ends.
7. Leave in for the entire day/night.
8. Unravel the bun to reveal loose, bouncy waves.